In this absorbing, clever and funny book, renowned psychotherapist Philippa Perry tells us what really matters and what behaviour it is important to avoid - the vital dos and donts of parenting.
Instead of mapping out the perfect plan, Perry offers a big-picture look at the elements that lead to good parent-child relationships. This refreshing, judgement-free book will help you to:
* Understand how your own upbringing may affect your parenting
* Accept that you will make mistakes and learn what you can do about them
* Break negative cycles and patterns
* Handle your own and your childs feelings
* Understand what different behaviours communicate
Full of sage and sane advice, this is the book that every parent will want to read and every child will wish their parents had.